Daily Archives: May 23, 2008

A World Apart

We could not believe how wonderful the walk was to the top of Dover Hills. Chipping Campden is in the distance. On our way to the top of the hill, we passed several people who were out walking along the path. This is something the British do often to relax and remember just how beautiful [...]

By |2008-05-23T19:50:04-07:00May 23rd, 2008|Journaling through England|1 Comment

All That Is Left

The Campden House was built from 1613 to 1620. It was destroyed by fire in 1645. The only structures that remain are two "banqueting" houses (with spiral chimneys) where dinner guests would retire for desert and conversation. Today, these "houses" and the gatehouse are all that remain of this once magnificent home.

By |2015-12-03T19:07:08-07:00May 23rd, 2008|Journaling through England|0 Comments